BigChipsHI Poker Blog

Friday, October 06, 2006

I was about to quit poker for good...

I was really depressed about one my sickest and longest bad runs yet, and for 1 day I had called it quits for good on poker. I packed up all my books, all my journals and stat books, deleted all poker related software from my computer, and made peace with the fact that I was never going to play online poker again. I even cashed out everything that was in my neteller account at the time and planned to cash out the rest when the trasactions from the poker sites cleared. I felt really shitty about it, putting in so much time and hard work to have to call it quits so soon.

the next day I went to work, and I felt great. I wasn't thinking about poker so much, and you could tell there was something different about me. I was more relaxed and less tense, I felt more confident and for the past week, I have let everybody I know feel the same way aboout me. I have been more chipper and more sociable as of late.

then I thought that maybe I was taking the wrong approach to this poker thing. Devoting all of my time and effort into this game without giving my friends and family the time of day. I forgot what it was like to go out and have fun outside of poker. And this break has helped remind me of the greater things in life that should be prioritized over poker. I had it all backwards.

Needless to say, I think I have the answer to greater poker success. I am putting poker 2nd behind life. I will never brush off another frined or family member because I am too busy playing poker. I will have a set schedule of when and when i cannot play poker. I will take at least 2-3 days off from poker to ensure a health social life. I will also only play for 3-4 hour sessions at most and max 2 sessions a day. On my days off from work before, I would do absolutely nothing but play poker from 9am all the way through 2/3 am, taking breaks only to use the bathroom, or get something to eat or drink... now i can see exactly why I was doing horrible in poker

well, im ready to make my return to poker. I have less than $700 in my bankroll and i'm back on the grind playing .10/.25 nl hold'em. let's see if i can build this puppy into a monster....

laters and gl all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home