BigChipsHI Poker Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The coldest/longest run of cards ever

I have been taking it easy for the last week or so, hardly even playing any poker at all. If I do, im either messing around trying to learn 7 card stud hi/lo, or trying to grind out a small win playing $20 sit n go's (single table). Every now and then, I'll throw in the MTT to see if I can cash some money and help to save my bankroll, but so far, I've had no luck.

Basically it has come down to this, Tight and very smart mistake free poker can only take you so far in tournament poker. Sooner or Later your going to need to get lucky and catch a hand/suck out in big pots to carry you through into the money or further.

Tonight my strategy was to only play my good big hands when in early position (eliminating hands like J10, QJ, KJ, AT, AJ, and all pairs below 88) and opening with any legitamite hand when in position and I am the first to enter the pot, and playing any big hand JJ-AA and AK like I usually would. I was going to be patient, disciplined, and focused the whole time and try to get into the money. And for the first time, I did just that.

My stats were ridiculously tight, seeing only 18% of my hands preflop. I never knew I was capable of such madness. My typical stats for seeing the flop are almost double that, something like 28-33%. Just goes to show you the crap starting hands I have been getting.

And out of 6 or 7 sng's, I think I cashed in two @ 3rd place finishes each. Terrible! I must have bubbled another 3 too. Then in the 2 late night MTT's I played, I got deep but never got that one big pot to send me deep.

In a $20 180 man sng, I took 9th place for $60 :/ I had no real hands the whole tournament and just stole a round of blinds every single round since the 200/400 level to keep my M above 4 and keeping my hopes of making the money still alive. My stack never reached an M above 9 and grinded my way into the final table, where in the first hand I lost with AK vs JJ. gg me, that cash took a lot discipline on my part.

then in the party $5 rebuy, I took 36th out of 200 something. cash was at 30 places..... what the hell. Again same strategy as the tournament above, and again, no hands what so ever. With an M of 4 i get dealt KQo in MP and push it allin, it folds around to the big blind who calls with AA. again gg me.

So for the past month, I have been running dead cold as far as the cards are concerned. It's ridiculous that I can't catch any kind of playing hands, can't win a race, can't get any 80%+ favorite hand to win, and can't hit a draw worth over 15 damm outs.

My luck has got to change soon... right?

current bankroll : around $1,500

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home